“includes” and “including” means including without limiting the generality of the foregoing;
“We, Us, Our, ScioSoft” means Sciosoft Systems Inc. and/or any of its subsidiary corporations;
“Third Party Sites” means websites which are owned, maintained or controlled by third parties (and not by ScioSoft) to which links are provided from this Site;
“use” includes access, view or copying, whether in whole or in part;
Captions and headings are inserted for convenience only, and are not to be used as an aid in the interpretation of these Conditions of Use.
- Purpose – This Site is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute personalized or specific advice on system integration, application developement or software engineering.
- Conditions of Use – The Conditions of Use contain a number of important obligations, restrictions, notices, policies and disclaimers that apply to this Site, to the use of this Site and to any information which is made available on this Site. By making any use of this Site and/or any of the pages or information made available on this Site, you are agreeing to be bound by all of the provisions of these Conditions of Use and that you will comply with the provisions of these Conditions of Use in respect of all matters regarding this Site. We recommend that you read the entire Conditions of Use carefully. If you do not agree with these Conditions of Use, do not access or view this Site.
- Other Conditions – In addition to these Conditions of Use, your use of this Site may also be subject to the terms and conditions which may be posted on or applicable to Third Party Sites. See the section below entitled “Disclaimer re Third Party Sites”.
- User – These Conditions of Use apply to all persons who use this Site, or who attempt to do so, whether or not they are authorized by ScioSoft. Such a person is referred to in these Conditions of Use as “User” or “you”.
- Changes to Conditions of Use – Changes may be made by ScioSoft to these Conditions of Use at any time by updating this posting. We strongly recommend that you review these Conditions of Use regularly, and your continued use of this Site means that you agree to any changes made. Notice of such changes may be given to you whether on this Site or separately, but the failure to give such notice does not relieve you of any responsibility to review these Conditions of Use or from being bound by the provisions of these Conditions of Use as amended.
- Proper Law – This Site and its content are administered by ScioSoft from its offices in Canada. This Site, its content, these Conditions of Use and your use of this Site are all governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada as applicable therein, without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles. You agree that all questions and disputes regarding this Site and your use thereof will be decided exclusively by the courts of the Province of Ontario.
- ScioSoft – ScioSoft is a Canadian leader in providing web design and application development services to small and mid-sized businesses.
- More Information – If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Site, please contact Us using Our online Contact Us or by post.
- Ownership of Site – This Site is owned and operated by ScioSoft.
- Copyright – ©
ScioSoft Systems Inc., All rights reserved. Except where expressly stated otherwise:
- this Site and all information which is available on this Site is the property of ScioSoft, and is subject to the exclusive copyright held by Sciosoft Systems Inc.; and
- unless otherwise specified, no person has permission to copy, redistribute, modify, reproduce or republish in any form any information found on this Site. This includes electronically reproducing by “uploading” or “downloading” or accessing onto the Internet or any other local or international computer system. Any infringement of the rights of ScioSoft will result in appropriate legal action.
- Trademarks – This Site contains names, words, titles, marks, logos, icons, trade names, brand names, designs, domain names or other content which may constitute registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks (which are collectively referred to in these Conditions of Use as “Trademarks”.) The Trademarks are protected by Canadian and foreign trademark laws. All rights reserved. Trademarks are owned by Sciosoft Systems Inc. and licensed to its subsidiary corporations, or are owned by third parties.
- Licence to view – You are hereby granted a limited licence to use, to display on your computer, to download and to print the text and images which are available on this Site, solely for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes provided that the contents of this Site are not modified in any way. This licence is personal to you, and may not be assigned, transferred or sub-licensed to any other person. Where any of the images or text on this Site are downloaded, copied, stored or printed they are still subject to these Conditions of Use and you will ensure that all copyright and trademark notices are retained. The contents of this Site may be changed at any time without notice to you. If you require further information on a permitted use or licence to reproduce or republish any material located on this Site, please contact the Corporate Communications department at the address found above.
- No improper use – This Site and its content may be used only for the limited purposes described in these Conditions of Use. You will not make or attempt to make any other use thereof. You will not abuse in any way this Site and you will not, and will not attempt to, modify this Site or any of its content, or disrupt or interfere with the availability or operation of this Site.
- Contract – These Conditions of Use constitute a contract between the User and ScioSoft, and ScioSoft is entitled to rely upon and to enforce its terms.
- Accuracy of data – The information, material and content posted on this Site are believed to be reliable when posted. Although best efforts are made to ensure accuracy, there is no guarantee that this information, material and content are accurate, complete or current at all times. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, there may be typographical errors, or inaccurate or incomplete information resulting from internet software and/or transmission problems.
- Report Errors – If any errors are noticed on this Site or in the information which is accessible on this Site, you are requested to immediately advise ScioSoft at the address set out above.
- Third party data – No endorsement or approval of any third parties, or their advice, opinions, information, products or services, is expressed or implied. ScioSoft does not review or control, and is not responsible for, any information which is created or supplied by a third party.
- Disclaimer re Third Party Sites – This Site contains a number of links to Third Party Sites. In addition to these Conditions of Use, your use of Third party Sites may be subject to the terms and conditions which have been posted on or are applicable to the Third Party Sites. The parties who own, maintain or control Third Party Sites are solely responsible for their content, and ScioSoft assumes no responsibility for such content. Links to Third Party Sites are provided for convenience only, and are not to be construed as an endorsement or recommendation of the products, services, advice or information which may be available on them. Linking to Third Part Sites is at your own risk and ScioSoft is not responsible or liable for any damages in connection with linking.
- No warranties – All information contained on this Site is provided “as is, where is” without any warranties of any kind. ScioSoft and its affiliated corporations and their respective officers employees, agents and contractors make no representations and disclaim all express and implied warranties of any kind including representations, warranties or conditions regarding accuracy, timeliness, completeness, non-infringement, merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose, and assume no responsibility for the consequences of any errors or omissions.
- Liability – As a User, you assume full responsibility for risk of loss or damage of any nature whatsoever arising from or in connection with use of this Site. You further agree that none of ScioSoft, its affiliates, their respective officers, employees, agents and service providers shall be liable for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with the use, or the inability to use, this Site or any Third Party Site, regardless of whether ScioSoft has been notified of the possibility thereof, and including any claims whether or not foreseeable based on contract, tort, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory. ScioSoft is not liable for any action or decision made by you in reliance on this Site or the information contained herein, or any unauthorized use or reproduction of this Site or the information herein.
- Indemnify – As a User, you shall indemnify and save harmless ScioSoft and its affiliates for all claims, liabilities, losses and expenses (including legal fees) arising from use of this Site and/or violation of these Conditions of Use.
Privacy and Security
- ScioSoft and Privacy – The nature of the business it conducts and the services which it provides to its Clients may require that ScioSoft collects and maintains information regarding its Clients. ScioSoft is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all Client personal information that it may collect and maintain in the course of carrying on its business. This includes any information about you which may be collected in connection with this Site. There are steps which you can take to help ensure that your own privacy is protected, some of which are described below.
- Use Anti-Virus Software – Personal computers are
constantly being bombarded by malicious software ("malware") such as:
- viruses and similar software which will impair the functioning of your computer or corrupt or erase data stored on your computer
- software (including what are known as Trojan Horses, worms, and spyware) which allows a stranger to monitor everything that you do on your computer (including viewing your User ID and Password)
- software which allows a stranger to gain control remotely over the use and operation of your computer.
- User IDs and Passwords – If you are required to utilize a User ID and password for any reason, as a User you are solely responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your User ID and Password. ScioSoft shall treat, and shall be entitled to treat, any person who uses your User ID and Password as you. Accordingly, you agree to not disclose or provide your User ID or Password to any other person or to permit any other person to utilize your User ID or Password. Keep your User ID and Password is a safe place free from public view. Do not enter your User ID and password on computers in public locations where others may monitor your typing. If you suspect that someone has learned either your User ID or your Password, you should immediately change your Password.
- Email – The security of email communications cannot be guaranteed at any time, including any emails which are sent using the facilities made available on this Site.Therefore you are cautioned not to disclose any personal or confidential information in email communications with ScioSoft, or to any of its officers, employees, offices or service providers, and ScioSoft cannot accept any responsibility for damages suffered from the transmission of confidential or sensitive information via email or on the Internet. If you wish to communicate or send information of a personal or confidential nature to ScioSoft or to any of its officers, employees, offices or service providers, you are encouraged to do so by more secure means.
- Cookies – When you log onto the Site, it may uses "session cookies" to identify your current session to the web server, and ensure that at all times during your session we are dealing with you. A session cookie stores information only for the length of time that you are connected to the Site and is not written onto your computer’s hard drive. You consent to these cookies being installed on your computer by ScioSoft on the foregoing basis. Linking to a Third Party Site may result in the use of ‘session’ cookies” or of “persistent cookies” (which are written onto the hard drive of your computer). ScioSoft is not aware of, nor responsible for, the cookies practices of any Third Party Sites.
- Use of third party service providers – ScioSoft may from time to time utilize third party service providers to provide certain tools or software for the operation of this Site or certain hardware and facilities on which this Site may be hosted and maintained.
- Site Visitorship Data/Traffic Analysis – ScioSoft may collect information regarding your use of the Site, including the times of logging onto and off of the Site, which pages on the Site you choose to access, the links on this Site which are used and your computer’s IP address. This information may be used for managing and developing the Site, helping to resolve problems, analyzing use of this Site, enforcing the security features of the Site and the provisions of the Conditions of Use, and for the detection of fraud, abuse of this Site and attempts to circumvent the security features of this Site, and of any attempts to do the foregoing. Such information will not be provided to any person other than the affiliates and services providers of ScioSoft engaged in the support and maintenance of the Site, and to law enforcement authorities as required.
- Termination of Access – ScioSoft may terminate your access to this Site at any time without notice. If your access has been terminated and you have any questions, please contact ScioSoft at the address designated above.
- Availability of Site – ScioSoft does not warrant that this Site will be available and meet your requirements or that access to this Site will be uninterrupted. Interruptions of availability may occur at any time, without notice, including periods of unavailability required for maintenance or technical reasons.
- Termination of Site – This Site may be terminated at any time by ScioSoft without notice.